Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love my husband

WARNING: This post is not for those who are easily offended by mentions of bodily functions. There are mild references to the bathroom in this post.

I love my husband. That's why I married him. Haha, no but seriously, my husband is wonderful and sweet and takes excellent care of me and most importantly is a godly man. I really enjoy being married to him. Part of the joy of being his new wife is discovering how exactly this man thinks. The man is a brilliant engineer who makes Bounty paper towels. He understands the complex inner workings of all the many different machines that are involved in the making of our beloved "quilted quicker picker upper" from the core maker, to the winder, to the embosser-laminator. I'm sure I've lost you right there. This brillance is what caught me off guard about the following event:

Being a newlywed, there are still a few things I'm learning about my husband by living with him. Case in point: the other day I walked into our bathroom after Will showered and discovered a musty smell. The bathroom does not have this lingering odor after I shower. This prompted me to ask him if he uses the bathroom fan while he showers. His answer: no. Hah! Musty smell mystery solved. "Why don't you?" I asked. His response, "I thought it was there to cover up the sounds of when you go to the bathroom and to diffuse the smell afterwards." My reaction: I cupped my face in my hands and shook it in disbelief. I then explained to him that the bathroom fan's purpose is to suck up the excess moisture to avoid mildew and the like. "Oh," he replied, "well, my reason for it must be it's secondary function." Typical engineer response...

No comments:

Post a Comment